What information do we need?
It is important to include as much information in your application as possible, such as:
- Your full name. Certificates and statements of results show your legal name at the time the award was made, so if you have since married or changed your name by Deed Poll the certificate cannot be re-issued in your new name.
- Date of birth.
- The year you took the exam.
- The centre and whether you were a student or external candidate, for example studying at evening classes.
- The name and full address of the school or college at the time you took your exams.
- Any name changes or mergers while you were attending the school. You don’t need to say if it changed its name after you left.
How long does it take to process the application?
All applications we receive are urgent so they are processed in strict date order. We do not offer a fast-track service. You must allow 28 days for your application to be processed.
If a university or employer is asking to see proof of examination results before we have processed your application, please let them know about the process and waiting time. We can supply them with confirmation that we are processing your application.
Certificates are sent out in the post. To avoid potential fraud, and to comply with the Data Protection Act, we are unable to fax or email the documents.