Lost or incorrect certificates

Examination centres are required to keep hold of unclaimed certificates for a period of 12 months. So if you took your exams within the last year you should contact the Exams Officer at your school or college to check if they have the original certificates.

Otherwise, you will need to apply for a certifying statement of results (for 14–19 qualifications) or a replacement certificate (for vocational qualifications). The processes are different so please ensure you complete the correct form.

Replacement certificates

What information do we need?

It is important to include as much information in your application as possible, such as:

  • Your full name. Certificates and statements of results show your legal name at the time the award was made, so if you have since married or changed your name by Deed Poll the certificate cannot be re-issued in your new name.
  • Date of birth.
  • The year you took the exam.
  • The centre and whether you were a student or external candidate, for example studying at evening classes.
  • The name and full address of the school or college at the time you took your exams.
  • Any name changes or mergers while you were attending the school. You don’t need to say if it changed its name after you left.

How long does it take to process the application?

All applications we receive are urgent so they are processed in strict date order. We do not offer a fast-track service. You must allow 28 days for your application to be processed.

If a university or employer is asking to see proof of examination results before we have processed your application, please let them know about the process and waiting time. We can supply them with confirmation that we are processing your application.

Certificates are sent out in the post. To avoid potential fraud, and to comply with the Data Protection Act, we are unable to fax or email the documents.

14–19 qualifications

We are able to supply replacement certificates to candidates for 14–19 qualifications. If you lose your certificate you must apply for a certifying statement of results, which is an official copy of the final exam results held by us. It is accepted by universities, colleges and employers as verification of results.

14–19 qualifications include:

  • AEA
  • Asset Languages
  • CEE
  • CSE
  • Entry Level Certificate
  • FSMQ
  • GCE A/AS Level
  • GCE O Level
  • GCSE
  • GNVQ (post 2001)
  • STEP
  • VCE

Please use the guidance document below to help you complete the application form. This will help avoid any unnecessary delays in processing your application.

Vocational qualifications


  • Basic Skills
  • CBLC
  • CLAiT
  • Functional Skills
  • GNVQ completed prior to June 2001
  • Key Skills
  • NVQ
  • OCR Nationals
  • Former RSA examinations.

To obtain a replacement certificate for OCR vocational qualifications please complete and return the form below. Replacement certificate application form - Vocational qualifications Guidance on applying for a certifying statement - Vocational qualifications

Certificates of Professional Competence

To obtain a replacement certificate for Certificates of Professional Competence (CPC) National or International full awards, please complete and return the application form.

Verifying results

If third party organisations wish to verify the results of an individual, they should contact us for an application form. Please note that learners cannot apply for this service, although they will be asked to sign the application form.

Frequently Asked Questions